Country Archer beef jerky is a type of dried meat that originated in the United States. The beef is first marinated in a mixture of spices and then slowly smoked over a wood fire. This process gives the jerky its characteristic flavor and texture. It is made from 100% grass-fed beef free of antibiotics and hormones. The meat is also sustainably sourced and humanely raised. As a result, this snack is a healthier option than many other types of jerky on the market. In addition to being healthy, it is also delicious and satisfying. It makes an excellent snack for both adults and children alike. So if you’re looking for a nutritious and tasty snack, look no further than Country Archer beef jerky.
Also Read: How Much Beef Jerky Is Too Much?
Origin Of Country Archer Beef Jerky
Country Archer beef jerky has its origins in the small town of Bend, Oregon in 1904 as a settlement for lumberjacks and homesteaders. The community quickly grew into a thriving community, and by the early 1900s, it was home to several sawmills and lumber companies, and cattle ranches. The ranch provided beef for the locals, and the growing number of miners and loggers flocked to Bend in search of work. In addition to supplying meat for the workers, the ranch also became a popular destination for tourists, who came to experience the region’s beautiful scenery and unique cowboy culture. Today, Bend is still home to several cattle ranches, and it is from these ranches that Country Archer sources its beef. The company works with a few ranchers who share its commitment to humanely raised, grass-fed beef. As a result, it is not only delicious but also healthy and sustainable.
How To Make This Beefy Snack
Country Archer beef jerky is a delicious and healthy snack perfect for on the go. The great thing about this recipe is that it only takes a few minutes to prepare, and you can easily make it in bulk to have on hand for when you need a quick snack. Here’s how to make this healthy snack:
1. Start by trimming any fat or connective tissue of the beef. You want to make sure that the meat is as lean as possible making it easy to chew and won’t have too much fat.
2. Cut the beef into thin strips, around 1/4 inch thick. If you want, you can slightly freeze the meat before cutting it so that it will be easier to slice evenly.
3. In a bowl, mix all of the spices and seasonings that you want to use. Better options include garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, cumin, and paprika. Experiment with different combinations of spices to find what you like best.
4. Place the beef strips into a resealable bag and pour in the spice mixture. Make sure that you season all the pieces properly.
5. Place the bag in the refrigerator and let it marinate for at least 2 hours, or overnight if possible.
6. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the beef strips on the sheet. Make sure that they are not touching each other so that they will cook evenly.
You Might Also Like: Krave Beef Jerky Review
This snack is a popular snack food that provides various benefits.
- For one, it is a good source of protein. A single serving of Country Archer beef jerky contains 16 grams of protein, which is essential for muscle growth and repair.
- Additionally, beef jerky is low in fat and calories, making it an ideal snack for people trying to lose weight.
- Finally, beef jerky is also rich in iron, which is necessary for the production of red blood cells. The high iron content in beef jerky makes it a good choice for people at risk for iron deficiency anemia. When choosing a beef jerky, select a brand that uses lean cuts of meat and does not add sugar or other unhealthy ingredients. It is a delicious and nutritious snack that offers many benefits.
While some might view country archer beef jerky as a delicious and nutritious snack, there are some disadvantages to consuming this type of product.
- One of the primary drawbacks is that it is relatively high in sodium content. A single ounce of this snack contains about 380 mg of sodium, which is more than 20% of the recommended daily intake for adults. It can be a problem for those trying to limit their sodium intake for health reasons.
- Additionally, it is also relatively high in calories, with each ounce providing about 140 calories. It means that it is not an ideal snack for those trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight.
- Finally, some people may find the texture or flavor of country archer beef jerky to be unappealing. While it is certainly a matter of personal preference, there are other options available that might be more palatable for some individuals.
Also Read: How To Start Beef Jerky Business
What You Should Avoid When Making Country Archer Beef Jerky
When making this snack, there are a few things you should avoid if you want to end up with a delicious, healthy final product.
- First of all, steer clear of any lean cuts of meat – they will simply be too tough and dry when dehydrated. Instead, go for a fattier cut like flank steak or eye-round roast.
- Secondly, don’t skimp on the marinade! This is what will give your beef jerky its flavor, so be generous with your seasonings.
- Finally, make sure to dehydrate your meat properly. If it’s not done right, it can spoil quickly and become unsafe to eat. By following these simple tips, you’ll be on your way to making mouth-watering Country Archer beef jerky that everyone will love.
Also Read: How To Make Beef Jerky For Dogs
Country Archer Beef Jerky is another type of beef jerky that is rich and healthy. However, it is also rich in sodium, and calories, and somewhat unappealing to the eyes. If you don’t have an issue with these, you relish every moment of taking a bite.
Also Read: How To Make Beef Jerky With Bbq Sauce