Carne Seca beef jerky is a delicious and nutritious snack that’s perfect for on the go. It’s easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients, and the resulting jerky is packed with protein and flavor. If you’re looking for a quick and easy snack that’s sure to satisfy, read on for a step-by-step guide on how to make Carne Seca beef jerky.
What Is A Carne Seca Beef Jerky?
Carne Seca beef jerky is a type of dried and cured beef that originates from the northern regions of Brazil. It is made by salting and air-drying raw beef for several weeks, which gives it its unique flavor and texture. Carne Seca can be enjoyed as a snack on its own or used in recipes like tacos, burritos, and salads.
If you’re looking for a new recipe to try, this Carne Seca beef jerky is a great option! It’s easy to make and has a delicious flavor that will keep you coming back for more.
How To Make Carne Seca Beef Jerky
- 1 pound Carne Seca beef, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Add the beef slices, seal the bag, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours (overnight is best).
- Place the beef slices on a wire rack over a baking sheet and pat dry with paper towels. Discard the marinade.
- Sprinkle the beef with brown sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until very dry and slightly charred around the edges, about 4 hours. Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Beef jerky will keep for up to 2 weeks.
Tips And Tricks
- If you can’t find Carne Seca beef, you can use any type of lean beef (such as flank steak, London broil, or sirloin). Just be sure to slice the meat very thinly.
- To make this recipe even easier, you can marinate the beef in a store-bought teriyaki marinade. Just omit the brown sugar from the recipe.
- If you like your beef jerky on the spicy side, you can add more cayenne pepper to the marinade. Or, sprinkle some crushed red pepper flakes onto the beef before baking.
- For a smoky flavor, you can substitute smoked paprika for the cumin.
- To make gluten-free beef jerky, use tamari sauce in place of the soy sauce.
Is Carne Seca Beef Jerky Good For The Health?
The answer is a resounding “Yes!” Carne Seca beef jerky is not only good for your health, but it’s also delicious and nutritious. Let’s take a closer look at what makes Carne Seca beef jerky so good for you.
Carne Seca beef jerky is made from lean, trimmed beef that has been carefully dried and seasoned. This process not only reduces the fat content of the meat but also concentrates the flavor, making it more intense and satisfying. In addition, the drying process eliminates bacteria and other microorganisms, making Carne Seca beef jerky a safe and healthy option.
Nutritionally, beef jerky is an excellent source of protein and is low in calories and fat. It’s also a good source of vitamins and minerals, including iron, potassium, and zinc. So if you’re looking for a tasty and nutritious snack that will help you reach your fitness goals, look no further than beef jerky.
How To Make Caren Seca Beef Jerky Without A Dehydrator
Making your beef jerky at home is a great way to save money and enjoy a healthy, delicious snack. And while you might think that you need a dehydrator to make jerky, it is quite easy to do without one. Here’s how to make Caren Seca beef jerky without a dehydrator:
First, choose your cuts of beef. The best cuts of meat for jerky are lean and devoid of any visible fat. Trim off any excess fat and then slice the meat into thin strips, about 1/4-inch thick. Once you have your strips of beef, combine them with any desired spices in a large resealable bag. For a simple seasoning, mix 1 tablespoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder. Shake the bag well to evenly coat the beef with the seasoning mixture.
Next, place the bag of seasoned beef in the refrigerator and allow it to marinate for at least 4 hours, or overnight if possible. After the beef has had time to marinate, remove it from the fridge and pat it dry with paper towels. Arrange the beef strips on a wire rack set over a baking sheet and place them in a preheated oven set to the lowest temperature setting.
Bake the beef jerky in the oven for 3-4 hours, or until it is dry and slightly charred around the edges. Remove the beef from the oven and let it cool completely before storing it in an airtight container. Beef jerky will keep for up to 2 weeks.
So there you have it! Now you know how to make Caren Seca beef jerky without a dehydrator. This delicious and healthy snack is easy to make and perfect for on-the-go eating. Give it a try today!
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy snack, Carne Seca beef jerky is a great option. It’s easy to make and packed with nutrients that will help you reach your fitness goals. So what are you waiting for? Give it a try today!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Carne Seca Beef Jerky?
Carne Seca beef jerky is a type of dried and seasoned beef that is popular in Latin American countries. It’s made from lean, trimmed beef that is carefully dried and seasoned with a variety of spices.
Is Carne Seca Beef Jerky Good For The Health?
Yes! Carne Seca beef jerky is an excellent source of protein and is low in calories and fat. It’s also a good source of vitamins and minerals, including iron, potassium, and zinc.
How Do You Make Delicious Beef Jerky?
To make delicious beef jerky, you’ll need to marinate it in a mixture of vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Once the beef is fully marinated, you’ll need to bake it in the oven until it’s very dry and slightly charred around the edges. Let it cool completely before storing it in an airtight container.
How Long Does Beef Jerky Last?
Beef jerky will keep for up to 2 weeks when stored in an airtight container.