Looking for a delicious and easy appetizer to serve up at your next party? Look no further than this beef jerky cheese ball recipe! This dish is simple to make and will be a hit with your guests. All you need is some cheese, beef jerky, cream cheese, and a few other ingredients. Follow these simple instructions to create this tasty treat.
Process On How To Make a Beef Jerky Cheese Ball:
One of the most popular party foods is the cheese ball. And for good reason – they’re easy to make, they can be made ahead of time, and they’re always a hit with guests. But why settle for a plain old cheese ball when you could have a beef jerky cheese ball? That’s right, this recipe combines two of everyone’s favorite snacks into one delicious dish. So if you’re looking for a unique appetizer that is sure to please, read on for everything you need to know about how to make a beef jerky cheese ball.
- 1 package of beef jerky, diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- One tablespoon of diced onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Another Interesting Read: How To Make Beef Jerky Low Sodium
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour on a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, garlic powder, and onion powder. Add the beef jerky and 1/2 cup of the grated cheese, and mix well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the Bisquick mix, milk, and the remaining cheese. Mix well. Fold in the beef mixture.
- Roll mixture into 1-inch balls. Place on a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with ranch dressing or your favorite dipping sauce.
Variations On The Recipe
There are a few different ways you can make this recipe your own. If you’re not a fan of beef jerky, you can substitute it with another type of meat, such as ham or bacon. Or, if you want to change the flavor, try using a different kind of cheese in the recipe. Cheddar is a classic choice, but you could also use Monterey Jack, pepper jack, or even cream cheese. And finally, if you want to add a bit of heat to the dish, try adding some diced jalapeños to the mix.
This recipe is perfect for parties and gatherings. Simply place the cheese ball on a plate or serving tray with some crackers, chips, or breadsticks, and let your guests dig in. If you’re looking for a more elegant presentation, you can skewer the cheese balls with pretzel sticks. Or, if you want to get really creative, try shaping the mixture into a log and then rolling it in chopped nuts or crumbled bacon. No matter how you serve it, this dish is sure to be a hit with your guests!
Tips And Tricks For The Perfect Cheese Ball
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you make the perfect beef jerky cheese ball:
- If you’re short on time, you can use pre-packaged beef jerky instead of making your own. Just be sure to dice it into small pieces so that it mixes evenly with the other ingredients.
- For a smoother texture, consider pulsing the beef jerky in a food processor before adding it to the mixture.
- To make shaping the cheese balls easier, refrigerate the mixture for 30 minutes before rolling them into the balls.
- Don’t be afraid to get creative with your dipping sauces! Ranch dressing is always a safe bet, but BBQ sauce, honey mustard, or even marinara sauce are all delicious choices.
- If you’re serving the cheese balls as an appetizer, consider making them bite-sized by using a mini cookie scoop.
- For a fun twist on the traditional cheese ball, try shaping it into a log and then rolling it in chopped nuts or crumbled bacon.
- Leftover cheese balls can be stored in the fridge for up to one week. Just be sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil so that they don’t dry out.
By following these tips and tricks, you’ll be well on your way to making the perfect beef jerky cheese ball.
Also Read: How Much Beef Jerky Can A Diabetic Eat
FAQs About Beef Jerky Cheese Ball
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Beef jerky lovers rejoice! This recipe for a beef jerky cheese ball is the perfect way to enjoy your favorite snack in a whole new way. The best part is that you can make it ahead of time, so all you have to do is sit back and enjoy when the craving strikes.
To make the cheese ball, simply combine cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, diced beef jerky, and your favorite seasoning. Then shape it into a ball and refrigerate for at least an hour. Just before serving, roll the ball in chopped nuts or more shredded cheese.
The beef jerky flavor really shines through in this recipe, but feel free to experiment with other types of jerky or even add some chopped-up bacon for an extra savory treat. Serve with crackers, bread, or vegetables for dipping, and enjoy!
How Long Will These Cheese Balls Last?
You just made a blend of cream cheese, shredded cheddar, and some seasonings, rolled it into a ball, and covered it in chopped beef jerky. It’s savory, salty, and slightly sweet, and your friends can’t get enough of it. But how long will this treatment last?
The answer depends on a few factors. First, how long does cream cheese last? Generally, unopened cream cheese will stay fresh for about two weeks after the sell-by date. Once opened, however, it should be used within five days. As for cheddar cheese, it also has a similar shelf life. Unopened cheddar will last for six to eight weeks, while opened cheddar should be eaten within seven to ten days.
So, if you use fresh cream cheese and cheddar that are within their expiration date range, your cheese ball should last for up to two weeks. Of course, this assumes that you store it properly in the fridge. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container. Another thing to keep in mind is that the longer the cheese ball sits out at room temperature, the quicker bacteria will grow on it.